Welcome to recipes by bangash here you will get yummy and interesting recipes
When weather get cold, clouds are thunderfull ,winds blows and rain touch the floor so my mother make this scrumptious dish penda . Its so awesome and delicious that I can’t explain it in words and this is my whole family favorite dish. Penda is special dish of pathans this dish is popular in Waziristan, Bannu, marwat and Afghanistan. They make this dish in special occasions and for special guests. Penda is served in different style and people eat it in one big tray which we called (thaal). Friends set together and eat from same tray and enjoy this meal. Penda was our prophet hazart Muhammad (S.A.W) favorite dish too but in Arabic it’s called sarrit. I literally don’t know that now days in Arab they eat this or not, but western Pakistani really adore penda.
Penda is derived from Pashto word pandaa. Pandaa mean “a lot” and this dish is literally prepared in a lot of quantity in this dish we add alot of loaves which we called (pasti) in pushto which are made of wheat flour and in shape it’s round and thin like a paper and the second ingredient is chicken bouillon which we called (chicken yakhani) it is made in some traditional spice (gram masala) which are made of some specific spices and that are (black pepper,cinnamon, cumin seeds, black cardamom, star anise, dried ginger) we make powder of all them and mix it together and when all spices get together then its called ( gram masala) so guys it is little bit difficult recipe but very appetizing dish and zestful people really adore this so make delicous penda with yours efforts.
Health Benefits of wheat.
Reduce risk of breast cancer, improve metabolism, protects against heart disease, prevents childhood asthma, control obesity, prevent gallstone and reduce chronic inflammation.
Protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, calories, thiamin, niacin, manganese, phosphorus, selenium.
Recipe of Penda
- Chicken (2 Kgs)
- Onion (3 medium size)
- Garlic ( 2tbsp)
- Red pepper (2 tsp)
- Turmeric powder ( 1 tsp)
- Gram masala (2 tsp)
- Coriander powder (2 tsp)
- Salt ( to taste)
- Oil ( according to you)
- For loaf
- Wheat flour
- Take a big pan add oil in it and then fry onions along the chopped garlic until it’s color change into brown
- Then add chicken pieces and cook it well . then add red pepper, coriander powder and mix it and suddenly add 5 cups of water and salt.
- Keep on cooking the broth till the layer of oil is evident on the surface.
- Take a big taal add wheat flour and salt then add water and mix it well until flour change into dough
- Make a small balls of dough and stretch it with roller pin make a thin loaf and cook on laughter.
- Make Small piece of loaf in big tray
- Then add chicken bouillon on it and mix it well
- On top add chicken pieces.
- Garnish with salad and serve hot hot.
Instagram : recipes_by_bangash
Facebook: Recipes by bangash
YouTube: Recipes by bangash
Twitter: Rubab bangash
Write by Rubab bangash