I am so excited to write blog about Turkish food because I like Turkish cuisines so so much. I personally didn’t taste it Turkish food originally but I had seen this food in Turkish drama . so I am totally freak about to taste it so I tried Turkish pide at home just to change my taste buds and for fun as well.😜
I made this superb pide after reading a lot of Turkish pide Recipes and watching a lot of videos on YouTube so then I made one delicious Recipe for you guys . It taste was heavenly amazing and I used very less ingredients in this. Main ingredient of this dish is ground beef but you can make this in chicken also and if you are vegetarian make in your favorite vegetables. And it is very reasonable for everyone. Even Everyone can afford this amazing pide and good for health as well and if you want to make it more delicious, so little love for cooking and your efforts can make it superb.😊
Turkish Pide is an amazing and delicious form of pizza, but it’s pizza without cheese, The taste of this amazing Pide is just awesome. This turkish pide is also called (kiymali pide) in turkish language. And it’s change from pizza, because of it’s shape. Shape of this Pide is ovel and it look somehow like slippers that’s why it’s called Turkish Pide or kiymali pide. This Pide is very easy to make and it is literally Turkish cuisines. Turkish people really like this Pide. Somehow one of favorite and popular dish of Turkey.
Recipe of dough
- White flour
- Warm water
- Take a bowl add flour in it, then add one tbsp oil, salt and mix it well.
- Then add 1 tbsp yeast and 1 tsp sugar in 2 tbsp warm water mix it well.
- Add this mixture in flour and mix it well.
- Knead dough for 5 mins and set a side, for one to two hours.
- Once the dough is risen, place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough for a minute then divide the dough into two pieces and roll into two balls.
Recipe of topping:
- Ground beef (1/4 kg)
- Capsicum (1 medium size)
- Onion ( one medium size)
- Salt ( to taste)
- Tomato ketchup ( one cup)
- Black pepper ( 1 tsp)
- Red pepper ( 1 tsp)
- Garlic paste (1 tsp)
- Oil ( according to you)
- Take a pan, add oil, garlic and onion into it and fry for 2 mins.
- After that add ground beef in pan and cook it well for 5 mins.
- Then add all spices, salt and ketchup into beef and mix it well.
- Then add capsicum into mixture cover it, and off the flame.
- Place a baking tray on the middle shelf of the oven.
- Make an oval shaped pide and add topping on it
- Fold in the sides to act as border to keep the filling intact. Squeeze the oval dough at each end to make it pointy.
- Beat an egg in a bowl and mix it with 1 tbsp oil. Brush the edges of dough with this mixture.
- Bake for 15 mins on 200 degrees in oven, until the pide get golden brown.
- Dish out, cut it and serve it with sauce.