Today I have an amazing creamy butter chicken recipe for you guys it’s an Indian popular dish they used to make this for special guests on special events. They eat this dish with simple white rice but you can enjoy it with chapati, naan and brown bread also. This Recipe is little lengthy and you have to make little efforts, while making this finger licking dish but I beat that you will just enjoy it if you try this at home because the creamy flavor and buttery gravy taste is so tasty that you can’t stop your self while eating this scrumptious dish.
This dish is called butter chicken because the gravy of this dish is very smooth and creamy and second it is used in very little butter If butter is not available so than you can made this in ghee also and for making it more delicious I add cream. Cream is also a main part of this dish Because the little bit of adding cream on top of gravy give a nice look to this flavorful butter chicken and it look 100 times more delicious with it. So guys what are you waiting for just make little efforts and by adding a pinch of love can make this delicious dish more tasty than my one 😉
- Chicken (1 kg)
- Yogurt (1 cup)
- Salt ( to taste)
- Red pepper ( 1 tsp)
- Coriander powder ( 1 tsp)
- Cumin powder ( 1 tsp)
- Garam masala ( 1 tsp)
- Tandori masala ( 1 tsp)
- Butter (1 tbsp)
- Oil ( 4 tbsp)
- Onion ( 2 medium size)
- Tomatoes ( 4 medium size)
- Garlic paste (1 tbsp)
- Cream ( 2 tbsp)
- Green chillies ( for garnishing)
- Coriander leaves ( for garnishing)
- Place yogurt, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, garam masala tandori masla,salt and chilli powder in a glass or ceramic dish. Add chicken. Stir to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Take a pan, add butter and fry chicken into it, when chicken change it’s color off flame and take a side.
- Than take other pan,add oil and than add cut onions and garlic paste and stirring, occasionally for for 5 mins, than add tomatoes and salt cook it well for again 5 min.
- Remove from heat, add the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth, you may need to add a couple water to help it blend (up to ¼ cup).
- Than add blended mixture to the pan and add chicken into it. And cook on slow flame for 5 mins, that chicken and gravy get mix together.
- Dish out,and add 2 tbsp cream on top of gravy and garnish it with green coriander leaves.
- Serve it with rice or naan.
Written by Rubab Bangash